[a 6-week online program; Sundays @ 2pm EST / 11 am PST; begins 6/6 (skips 7/4)]
Workshop Description: When broken apart, “heirloom” implies something handed down that also ties together.
When exploded out of its traditional patrilineal associations, like a chosen family, we can more fully recognize for ourselves the other lineages we belong to–aesthetically, historically, spiritually etc. In this 6-week generative session, we will work to define & engage with our own artistic ancestors across time & space.
We will explore their work & circumstances as keys to understanding our own, while also sharing our findings with each other.
As an interdisciplinary thingmaker myself, I encourage us to look not only to the written word, but to any medium that speaks to us via whatever technology it can.
Cea/Constantine Jones is a Greek-American thingmaker raised in Tennessee & currently housed in Brooklyn. They are a member of the Visual AIDS Aritst+ Registry & teach creative writing at CCNY. Their work has been performed or exhibited at various venues in NYC and beyond & their debut hybrid haunted house novel, IN STILL ROOMS, was released from The Operating System on March 4th, 2020. linktr.ee/storiesandnoise
ALL ACCESS PRICING MODEL / PAY WHAT YOU CAN / COMPARISON COSTS:
Liminal Lab is committed to providing a source of income for our collaborators and facilitators in an increasingly precarious time for culture workers and educators. However, no one will ever be turned away for lack of funds. We ask that those who can pay the suggested price, and/or help cover the cost of scholarship slots in each of our programs by sponsoring other participants.
- Compare the below to the cost for a similar accredited workshop in a university setting (where most of the $$$ goes to institutional bloat): $1035 — we show you this so we can begin to think about wtf is happening in our institutions, where both students and faculty get the short end of the stick.
- At a standard “Market Rate,” at arts orgs: $350*
- Recommended Sliding Scale: $30-50/session → $180-300 for the series
- Precarity Pricing: $10-20/session
- Barter / Volunteer / No Cost Option Available
- Membership / Sponsorship: You may now become a member of Liminal Lab! Which allows you to support as well as participate in this and other programs. By becoming a member, you can also sponsor low or no fee participants in this workshop with a donation of any size.